INDEPENDENT PRELIMINARY RESEARCH STUDY: Positively Affected Mood, Increased Vigor, Decreased Stress, Increased Quality of Sleep and Reduced Signs of Burnout
The wellness industry is saturated with products claiming to increase vitality, enhance mood, decrease stress, reduce burnout, increase sleep quality but few have proven effectiveness.
Beyond diet and exercise “an ancient new therapy” deserves serious recognition… LIGHT.
Light therapy has existed for decades but is still relatively new to the general public. It’s a non-invasive therapy designed to improve health through innovative light technology. Advancing research has expanded well beyond seasonal depression (SAD) and covers a host health related issues. Matter of fact, its been said; light is the medicine of the future —good news . . . the future has arrived!
PLANTS & PEOPLE THRIVE ON NATURAL LIGHT
- LIGHT helps regulate brain chemistry and circadian rhythms that control appetite, energy, mood, sleep, libido and so much more.
- LIGHT modulates the body’s blood as it circulates through the eyes approximately every two hours.
- LIGHT influences muscular movements, enzyme reactions, food digestion, fat burning and all other metabolic processes.
“We can now say emphatically that the function of our entire metabolism is dependent on light.” —Dr. Fritz-Albert Popp International Institute of Biophysics
- Laboratory of Experimental Neuroscience (LANEX) – Health Sciences Post-Graduation Program – University of Southern Santa Catarina (UNISUL), Brazil.
- Quantum University, Honolulu, HI
USA Disability Support Services. Seminole State College of Florida. Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Sanford,
Conclusion: 4-week daily exposure to Full spectrum light followed by Near-infrared Low-Level Light Therapy with the SOL PhotoVites™ device positively affected mood, decreased self reported anger and increased vigor, as well as decreased stress. Additional effects were also present in increased quality of sleep and reduced signs of burnout, although these data need to be further validated. Given the positive outcomes obtained with a small sample size, additional research is awarded.
Science of Light (SOL) is a research & development, 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on raising awareness of Mal-illumination and promoting “nutritional light technology” for a balanced spectral diet for optimum health and reduced risk of disease.
SOL works to raise awareness of Mal-illumination — a condition that photobiology pioneer, Dr. John Ott likened to malnutrition.
“Mal-illumination is to Light as Malnutrition is to Food” —Dr. John Ott, HEALTH AND LIGHT (3,000,000+ copies sold)