- Darkness Induced Drinking Phenomenon
- Colder Weather and Fewer Sunlight Hours Increase Alcohol Consumption and Alcoholic Cirrhosis Worldwide
- Light Therapy and Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementia: Past, Present, and Future
- Tailored light intervention improves measures of sleep, depression, and agitation in persons with Alzheimer’s and related dementia.
BENEFITS OF SUNLIGHT
CANCER SURVIVORS SLEEP QUALITY
DEPRESSION (NONSEASONAL) / SAD / BIPOLAR DEPRESSION / Pregnancy
- The efficacy of light therapy in the treatment of seasonal affective disorder: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
- Adjunctive Bright Light Therapy for Bipolar Depression: A Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Trial
- Rapid treatment response of suicidal symptoms to lithium, sleep deprivation, and light therapy (chronotherapeutics) in drug-resistant bipolar depression.
- Retinal damage induced by commercial light-emitting diodes (LEDs).
- Age-related retinal inflammation is reduced by 670 nm light via increased mitochondrial membrane potential..
MITOCHONDRIA AND ATP (Adenosine triphosphate)
- Recharging mitochondrial batteries in old eyes. Near infra-red increases ATP.
- Near-infrared light increases ATP, extends lifespan and improves mobility in agedDrosophila melanogaster.
PARKINSON’S SLEEP WAKE CYCLE SYMPTOMS
- Poor or inappropriate lighting in schools can adversely affect children’s health and their ability to learn..
STRESS / BURNOUT
UNHEALTHY TEEN SLEEP CYCLES
- Lack of short-wavelength light during the school day delays dim light melatonin onset (DLMO) in middle school students.
- Daytime light exposure and feelings of vitality: Results of a field study during regular weekdays
- Bright light improves vitality and alleviates distress in healthy people..